Subscribe to new listings alerts by email in the community you are interested in by saving your search (see photo below – Orange Button – Save Search), then please be sure to click subscribe to new listings. You may want to create a new search here for advanced search options. Questions? Please contact DreamWell Homes – send a text message or call 760-798-9024. We are independent real estate agents and would be delighted to help you buy and sell a home. Thank you!
Popular San Diego 55 Plus Communities:
- Carlsbad 55 Plus Communities
- Encinitas 55 Plus Communities
- Oceanside 55 Plus Communities
- Rancho Bernardo/ Del Sur 55 Plus Communities
- San Marcos 55 Plus Communities
- Escondido 55 Plus Communities
- Fallbrook 55 Plus Communities
- Vista 55 Plus Communities
Please watch our San Diego 55+ communities videos and see the list below with links to each community page.
Here is a List of San Diego County 55 Plus Communities with Links
As a guide to the list of 55 plus communities listed above, we noted the traditional built and land owned homes in green.
The bold green ones are 55 plus communities where you are likely to find newer and single level detached homes for sale.
The 55 plus communities in blue are manufactured homes and mobile homes for sale.
The ones marked with red are to specifically call out land leased senior parks with mobile homes for sale.
We specialize in helping retirees find their perfect home whether in 55+ communities or traditional single level homes in non-age restricted communities.
We can help you find your home in the following ways:
- Sign up for 55+ Property Email Alerts from a 55+ Real Estate Agent Specialist
- If you are at least one year away from retirement, please sign up here to our super helpful Newsletter Guide to Relocating and Retiring to San Diego
- Got questions? Connect with an agent here.
- Continue using and visiting DreamWellHomes for helpful research and watch exclusive San Diego 55+ videos to learn about these communities.
- Find your San Diego 55+ home with the latest listings refreshed every few hours(Access our Free 24/7 Home Search for 55+ Here)
Please be sure to watch our San Diego 55+ Videos here to get familiar with these communities.
Exclusive Videos of San Diego 55 Plus Communities
These are voice-narrated video tours of the communities produced by the DreamWell Homes Team (Read About Us).
What type of homes can you find in these San Diego 55 plus communities?
Here are the property San Diego 55+ property types:
- Single Family Detached Homes (Conventional Built/ Traditional Built)
- Condominiums- Either Attached Condos or Detached Condo Homes
- Manufactured Homes (1978 and later) in land owned San Diego senior parks also called resident owned communities
- And Mobile Homes and manufactured homes in either resident owned or land leased San Diego senior communities. Find a list of 55+ land owned parks here.
Thank you to all of you for finding the information we have shared useful. This is the result of our years of hard work and dedication on San Diego 55 plus communities. Thank you for your support and contacting us.
Doing your own research on San Diego 55 plus homes?
- Please be sure to check answers to San Diego 55+ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Got HOA questions? Here is a List of Contact Phone #s for San Diego 55 Plus HOAs for you to contact to ask about monthly fees, pet restrictions, etc.
- Search for your San Diego 55 plus homes for sale here – You can access this link 24/7 to find updated daily with the newest San Diego 55+ listings.
- Read our guide on Where to Retire in San Diego here.
Got Questions? Please contact us here.
Dear San Diego Retirees:
San Diego offers an amazing way to live an active and fun-filled retirement life, like no other place. And as you enter retirement, you should only have to move homes once… this should be the last and best move of your life! So don’t waste time, money and energy… careful planning and research will make all the difference.
As real estate professionals who focus on serving retirees here, we know what’s on your mind…and we want to help you feel comfortable in choosing your retirement home. Read our e-book that will cut through all the unnecessary info, helping you to avoid mistakes, so you can feel smart, confident and be efficient in planning your retirement.
More than just home prices, features and amenities… your lifestyle preferences are a priority. The supply of homes is plentiful, with more than enough to satisfy anyone, in every budget. But the cities, towns and communities are all unique… and this is what requires the most consideration. You might actually find it really easy to choose your future home… once you’ve decided on the right area.
The amazing San Diego lifestyle is the true prize… the perfect place for retirees who have no plans for slowing down! Exploring the natural scenic beauty, immersing yourself in diverse cultural activities, and discovering new learning opportunities – retirement in San Diego will keep you busier (and happier) than ever!
Learn the differences between the best San Diego 55 + communities and the cities and towns across San Diego. We’ve outlined where you’ll find affordable homes in various retirement communities. You can also compare and contrast examples of 55 plus communities, golf and country club communities and non-age restricted communities and more (including manufactured and custom-built homes).
This work is based on our years of accumulated knowledge and the real life experiences of homebuyers and other real estate professionals. We answer many of the questions you’ll come across in your search and provide a few more for you to consider. We’ve even included a glossary to help you navigate through some of the real estate terminology.
So choose with certainty and become an expert in your own right! You’ll come away with a clear understanding of where the process is going… where to start your search and what to ask. And of course, you’ll know what resources are available to you and where to get help along the way.
Happy House Hunting!
Jean and Ken Tritle – The Co-creators of DreamWellHomes
IMPORTANT: Are you now ready to see some properties and find your amazing home?
We’d love to help you!
Questions? Please contact us by filling out this form.
Find homes for sale in San Diego 55 Plus Communities by Location
- Carlsbad, CA
- Chula Vista, CA
- Del Sur (San Diego CA)
- El Cajon, CA
- Encinitas, CA
- Fallbrook, CA
- Escondido, CA
- La Jolla, CA (University City San Diego 92122 62+)
- Lake San Marcos, CA
- Lakeside, CA
- Mira Mesa
- Oceanside, CA
- Otay Mesa, CA 92154
- Rancho Bernardo, CA
- San Diego CA 92102 (Chollas Valley)
- San Diego County, CA
- San Marcos, CA
- Santee, CA
- Spring Valley, CA
- University City 92122 Pacific Regent La Jolla (62+)
- Valley Center, CA
- Vista, CA
- Warner Springs, CA 92086 (Sunshine Summit, Stoneridge Estates)
- Free home buyer services
- Free – The most comprehensive list of San Diego and Orange County 55+ communities on the web
- Free video tours of 55+ communities
- Free homes for sale listings with no registration required:
- Age restricted 55+ homes
- Non-age restricted single-story/single-level homes
- Condominium homes
- Homes with guest houses
- Oceanfront/ocean view homes
- Free information regarding communities and their amenities
- Free direct homeowners association (HOA) telephone numbers provided
- Free consultation with one of our local Online Communities Consultants
- Free connection to a real estate agent experienced in your target community and/or home-style
We get paid by the agent we connect you with, only with a successfully closed of escrow. If you don’t buy (or sell) a home, we don’t make a penny. Everyone is motivated to ensure a win-win deal for all.