Ocean Hills Country Club (OHCC) Location
Ocean Hills Country Club (OHCC) is on an elevated position atop a bluff, just 3 miles from the Pacific Ocean.
The elevation of Ocean Hills Country Club homes is approximately 463 feet to 499 feet above sea level depending on location.
As a point of comparison, Calaveras Peak, the highest point in Carlsbad CA has an elevation of about 513 feet.
Front Gate Address
The Front Gate of Ocean Hills Country Club is at 4600 Leisure Village Way, Oceanside, CA 92056.
Although Ocean Hills Country Club is located in the city of Oceanside CA, OHCC is closer to Carlsbad Village than it is to downtown Oceanside CA which is fast becoming an upscale resort town!
Natural Surroundings of Ocean Hills Country Club
Just west of OHCC are several huge preserves: the 473-acre Carlsbad Highlands Ecological Preserve and the Calavera Nature Preserve filled with hiking and biking trials, an extinct volcano magma core which is Calavera Crest, and of course Calavera Lake for birdwatching and fishing.
In addition, to the southeastern side of the community and attached to the Carlsbad Highlands Ecological Preserve lies the Dawson Los Monos Canyon Reserve and Buena Vista Park with even more hiking, biking and animal watching opportunities.
If you visit Inspiration Point from the OHCC clubhouse overflow parking lot, you can overlook much of this ‘forever to be wild’ land, with the added bonus of a wide Pacific Ocean and Agua Hedionda Lagoon view.
On the Southern and Eastern boarders of the community you can find more wild and agricultural land, with the only portion of the community backing up to other neighborhoods to the north.
When you purchase a home in any location in California, the seller is required to provide you a natural hazard disclosure report. This reveals if the property you are in escrow with is located in a FEMA Flood Hazard Zone, Dam Inundation Area, Very High Fire Hazard Zone, Wildland Fire Area, Earthquake Fault Zone, etc. etc.
Depending on the street/location of the home at OHCC and considering the open area around OHCC (i.e. Carlsbad Highlands Ecological Reserve), some property addresses at OHCC are NOT in a Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zone. But some ARE located in a Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zone especially the streets abutting the open area around them.
This makes an impact on the the home insurance costs and home insurance availability.
So as buyer’s agents who specialize in OHCC home sales, we highly encourage our buyers to check with their home insurance agent to get quotes before considering to make an offer to purchase a home at OHCC.
In 2023, our successful OHCC home buyers were quoted anywhere from $1,200 per year to $2,200 per year depending on the property address, home, and coverage required.
Medical Centers /Major Hospitals near Ocean Hills Country Club
There are many major hospitals that are close to Ocean Hills Country Club from Scripps, UC Medical Centers to Naval Hospital at Camp Pendleton in Oceanside CA.
The nearest hospital to OHCC is Try-City Medical Center which is about 15 minutes away.
A newer hospital is located at Palomar Medical Center, a 740,000-foot 11-story hospital facility in Escondido which opened in 2012 at 2185 Citracado Parkway Escondido, CA 92029.
Good news to those who are with Kaiser Permanente, the new Kaiser Permanente San Marcos Medical Center opened to patients in the summer of 2023. The 7-story, 433,000-square-foot facility expands access to award-winning health care for Kaiser Permanente’s 636,000 members in San Diego County. In the past, Kaiser members would have had to go to Zion in San Diego CA.
- Tri-City Medical Center: 4002 Vista Way, Oceanside, CA 92056 – 5 miles
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center (Newest Hospital in San Marcos CA at 360 Rush Dr – 10.6 miles
- Palomar Medical Center (Escondido) – 13.3 miles
- Scripps Memorial Hospital (Encinitas) – 19 miles
- Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton, 200 Mercy Cir, Oceanside, CA 92055 – 15 miles
- Scripps Memorial Hospital (La Jolla) – 30 miles
- Veteran Hospital – 32 miles
- UCSD Medical Center – 43 miles
Nearest Senior Living
Ocean Hills Senior Living is located right across from the main gate of Ocean Hills Country Club (OHCC). Ocean Hills Senior Living on 4500 Cannon Road in Oceanside CA 92056 offer Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care.
Airports near Ocean Hills Country Club
McClellan Palomar Airport in Carlsbad is the nearest airport at 10 minutes away. The San Diego international airport is about 45 minutes from OHCC. Airports in Orange County and LAX are also about 1.5- 2.5 hours away depending on traffic.
- McClellan Palomar Airport – 7 miles
- San Diego International Airport – 45 miles
- John Wayne Airport – 60 miles
- Los Angeles International Airport – 98 miles
Ocean Hills Neighborhoods near Ocean Hills Country Club
- Ocean Hills – This is the all-ages community right next to Ocean Hills Country Club (OHCC).
- Seagate Terrace Gated Community at Ocean Hills; All-ages gated community behind Ocean Hills Senior Living, Has 2 story homes with 3 car garage, Some single story homes with 3 car garage and 2 car garages. Street names: Pirgos Way, Patra Way, Tolo Way, Milissi Way)
- Ridgeview, All ages, not a gated community in Ocean Hills; Ridgeview has many single story homes with 2 and 3 car garages including 2 story homes with 3 car garages (Street names: Wisteria, Indigo St, Sienna, Berrynessa St)
- Ocean Terrace
- Spinnaker Ridge
- The Summit at Ocean Hills – This is a very nice non-gated neighborhood that you will pass by as you go to OHCC. This neighborhood has many single story homes, some with nice views. It also has a low monthly HOA.
- Shadowridge and the neighborhoods within it (whether in the Vista or Oceanside borders)
- Calavera Hills in Carlsbad CA – Calaveras Peak, the highest point in Carlsbad CA has an elevation of approximately 513 feet
Map of homes for sale around Ocean Hills (All-Ages)
No Results Found.
Map of homes for sale around Ocean Hills, Ocean Hills Country Club, Shadowridge
Golf Courses near Ocean Hills Country Club
- Shadowridge Golf Club
- Vista Valley Country Club in Vista
- Twin Oaks Valley Golf in San Marcos
- Lake San Marcos Golf Clubs
- Oceanside’s Arrowood
- Rancho Carlsbad in Carlsbad CA
- The Crossings in Carlsbad CA
Attractions near OHCC for Families and Grandchildren
Some retirees dream of a retirement location in Southern California that is close to interesting attractions for their kids/ grandchildren so they can hopefully visit more often. Fortunately, Ocean Hills Country Club (OHCC) is located near many of San Diego’s family-friendly attractions. The best attractions of course are the beaches nearby.
- Legoland – 10 miles
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Birch Aquarium – 33 miles