Is Ocean Hills Country Club safe?
Ocean Hills Country Club (OHCC), is a guarded and gated community in Oceanside CA that holds the safety of its residents in the highest regard.
All guest vehicles entering into this gated community have their driver’s license checked to maintain safety.
So, is Ocean Hills Country Club a safe place to live?
We think so. However, we get that everyone has a different criteria on what makes a place safe to live.
From experience, a visit to the community also help our buyers gauge their feeling of how safe this 55+ community is.
Researching local crime stats is also important.
Below are a few things to know about Ocean Hills Country Club and its safety. Hopefully, this will help your overall research in answering this question for yourself.
Ocean Hills Country Club’s community safety features:
- There is one gate for guests to enter the community
- There is a separate back gate for residents only; residents have a transponder for this back gate access
- The community takes a photo of the license plate of the guests car that enters; they record visitors information and give you a print out for your car to put in the dashboard
- For guests visiting or service providers: Each guest has to be called in by the resident prior to their visit. Otherwise, if a guest arrives without notice, security will call the resident to get authorization for them to enter.
- There are roving patrols (they enforce speed limit, traffic rules)
- Each home at Ocean Hills Country Club has a communication device on the wall that is connected at the gate and residents can call for help, if needed. However, this requires a landline and it only reaches the security team at the gate.
- A C.E.R.T. club staffed by residents. The C.E.R.T. club has Emergency Management procedures set up in the event of earthquake, wildfire, etc.
Tips in visiting the community
Since Ocean Hills Country Club is a guarded and gated community, potential home buyers there who want a tour must be escorted into the community by their agent.
If you’re meeting us there for a community and home tour, we will meet you in the small parking area in front of the guard gate off of Cannon Road. Please have your driver’s license at the ready for the guard to check you through quickly.
Also, as we’re touring you through OHCC homes, we always park on the street. But our clients can feel free to park in the home for sale’s driveway. If parking on the street, please avoid blocking fire hydrants and, or mailboxes.
Please call or text Jean and Ken Tritle at DreamWell Homes Realty at 760-798-9024.
We understand that you are looking for safe places to live for retirement in San Diego.