We stand along with the rest of the world, doing our best to help flatten the curve of the spread of COVID-19.
We are uniquely concerned for our clients’ welfare, since our field of expertise is real estate sales for 55+ (whether in age-restricted 55+ communities or non-age restricted communities), and the fact that an overwhelming majority of our customers fall within the age bracket most affected by serious corona-virus symptoms.
Many of you are in the midst of carrying out your retirement plans, and are likely unsure as to what to do in these challenging times. We want you to know that we are here for you.
We are currently evaluating best practices to assist our clients, while keeping everyone safe. In the interim, we are available – as always – by email (email@example.com), text message and telephone (760-798-9024).
We would love to hear from you to learn how we can be of assistance.
Our positive thoughts for health and safety go out to all.
Jean and Ken Tritle (Realtor® / DreamWell Homes)
The future of real estate transactions/ processes post-COVID-19 involve contact-less technology such as:
- mobile image capture
- digital documentation
- automated valuation models
- remote online notarization and e-closings
Before COVID-19, here at DreamWell Homes, we have successfully completed virtual real estate sales transactions due to the necessity of helping out-of-state buyers buying homes here in San Diego County.
This involves already existing processes like:
- google-map and street views, as well as drive-by initial viewing of homes/ neighborhoods
- virtual showings of favorited properties (real time video calls/ walk-throughs, pre-recorded video tours )
- digitally writing offers using e-signatures
- home inspection on occupied, vacant homes or brand new homes
- disclosures provided for your review online and by email
- real-time communication by phone, email, text, video call
- uploading/ submitting documents to lenders online
- sending documents by Fed-ex for those that need wet-signatures or prefer to review bulk documents in person (such as HOA docs) in the comfort of their home
Visiting a few favorited homes in-person can still be arranged with pre-cautions such as:
- keeping a distance of 6 feet
- no shaking hands
- wearing masks, gloves, booties,
- availability of sanitizers, soap, and water for washing
Private home showings typically involve 1-2 people limiting exposure.
Update: In addition to the above, Ken Tritle (Realtor® at DreamWell Homes) has success with clients who wish to tour homes and get to know potential places to live in by driving by communities in separate cars and speaking handsfree over the phone for a real-time tour and conversation about the communities.
There are now also COVID-19 disclosure forms that Realtor® / agents must use for sellers who are listing/showing their homes and for buyers purchasing homes including contract clauses specifically naming COVID-19 events.
San Diego County Coronavirus Response
On March 18, 2020 the county of San Diego has banned 10 or more people gatherings. They also launched a COVID-19 Text Message Alert System -Text COSD COVID19 to 468-311 to get text alert updates.
Here are the cases of Coronavirus in San Diego County.
On March 19, 2020, the state of California is effectively on lockdown and adhere to social-distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19.
A couple more thoughts
Please be cautious. Perhaps it will only be for a little while. But, remain 6 feet (more is better in this case!) away from others. Whenever in public, wear a mask. Try not to touch anything, and become a frequent, diligent handwasher. These simple things go a long way in protecting ourselves, our families, and communities.
Please stay safe and healthy.