The above listings are 1 story single family detached homes in San Marcos CA. You will also find 1 story condos and attached homes including one story listings by zip codes: San Marcos 92078, San Marcos, 92069, and a few areas worth mentioning such as single story homes in Lake San Marcos, San Elijo Hills, etc. including San Marcos 55 and over places.
We were San Marcos residents for nearly a decade and represented buyers ands sellers all over the city. We used to hike along the hills before San Elijo Road became fully open. Since then the city has added more new home development recently which include newer home communities along San Elijo road such as Sanctuary at San Elijo Hills and Rancho Tesoro near Cal State San Marcos (CSUSM).
Single Story Homes in San Marcos CA 92078
The Lake San Marcos area has the largest inventory of single level or ranch style homes in San Marcos 92078. However you will also find some one story homes in the following communities:
- San Elijo Hills
- Westcliffe (San Elijo Hills gated community – many homes have large lots with ocean view)
- Sanctuary at San Elijo Hills ( built in 2015 – 2016 overlooking open spaces and hiking trails, has low HOA and low Mello Roos in San Elijo Hills),
- Discovery Hills (walking distance to Discovery Lake)
- The Fairways
- Varadero (gated community built 2005 – 2006, some homes have ocean view)
- Williamsburg (gated community near the 78 freeway)
- Rosemont (near Cal State San Marcos and Rancho Tesoro)
- Buenavida (Discovery Hills area)
- and Stone Canyon (gated community)
A few areas to discover in San Marcos 92078 are communities near Discovery Lake (which offers hiking, trails, fishing, and playground), Cal State San Marcos, near Kaiser Permanente San Marcos.
San Marcos 92078 homes are also close to the San Marcos restaurant row for movie theaters, dining and shopping, and Las Posas shopping area where you will find Sprouts, Bed Bath and Beyond, Marshalls store, etc.
No Results Found.
If you like San Marcos 92078, you may also want to check out listings in the San Elijo Hills area of San Marcos below.
San Elijo Hills in San Marcos CA is popular among buyers because of its:
- Great schools – San Elijo Elementary and Middle School are walking distance to many neighborhoods
- It is a master-planned community with newer, spacious 4 to 5 bedroom homes, some with views of the surrounding hills, mountains, and some ocean view
- many community amenities, parks, retail, shopping, restaurants, and services are walkable to many homes
- location which makes it super easy to get to the beach areas of Carlsbad, Encinitas, and the I-5 Freeway, and 78 Freeway
- nearby hiking trails, Double Peak Park
San Elijo Hills Single Story Homes For Sale
The inventory of San Elijo Hills single story homes can be rare on the market – so be ready to take a look when a one story goes for sale.
No Results Found.
Don’t miss out on your next San Elijo Hills dream home. Please be sure to contact us to sign up for San Elijo Hills one story homes alerts from a real estate agent.
Some newer single level homes were built at the Sanctuary by Richmond Homes along San Elijo Road. This community has a low HOA and low Mello Roos.
Two story homes with dual master suites – with at least one bedroom located at the bottom floor are alternatives to single story homes offered by San Elijo Hills new home builders.
Note that a majority of the homes in San Elijo Hills have homeowner association fees and Mello Roos.
Below are the current listings of San Elijo Hills homes for sale in San Marcos CA 92078 which includes both one story homes and multi-story homes.
Single Story Homes in San Marcos CA 92069
In San Marcos CA 92069, you will find one story houses on the north of the 78 Freeway.
Here are just a few examples of neighborhoods in San Marcos 92069 where you are likely to find some single story homes are:
- Valley Knolls
- Victoria Ranch
- Twin Oaks Valley Ranch
- Sage Canyon Ranch
- Pinehurst Collection
The San Marcos 92069 real estate is where you are likely to find ranch or horse communities with custom homes and live as if you are in a rural setting – yet in reality you are so close to urban amenities.
San Marcos 92078 and 92069 are segmented by Freeway 78 which is getting busier than ever.
No Results Found.
- No HOA Homes in San Marcos CA
- Single Story Homes in San Marcos CA
- 55 Plus Communities Homes in San Marcos CA
- Homes with Granny Flat, Accessory Dwelling Unit in San Marcos CA
- Where to Retire in North County San Diego – Overview of San Marcos CA
Lake San Marcos California Single Story Homes
As mentioned above, Lake San Marcos is a popular place to find single detached homes and condos on one story in San Marcos CA.
There is a multitude of choices here from gated communities such as Varadero to lakefront properties and condos – some with views of the surrounding mountains.
Below you will find single family detached one story listings in San Marcos.
If you want to see all Lake San Marcos homes for sale including two story homes – please visit our Lake San Marcos real estate page here.
For those interested in one story homes in senior communities in Lake San Marcos – please scroll down below to see what might be available for sale in the following San Marcos California 55 plus communities such as:
Find San Marcos Single Story Condos / San Marcos One Story Condos and Attached Homes For Sale below
Many of the one story condominiums in San Marcos are located in the Lake San Marcos area. And of course, there are single level condo living options in other parts of the city as well.
See below for the latest listings of single story condos in San Marcos CA.
No Results Found.
Single Story Homes in San Marcos CA 55 Plus Communities
If you are over 55 and are looking for 1 level homes in San Marcos, CA, you might want to check out homes for sale below in 55 and over communities.
There are detached single story manufactured homes in San Marcos CA 55 and over communities such as the senior communities located at:
- Las Brisas Pacificas – San Marcos
- Casitas Del Sol – San Marcos
- Casitas Del Amigos – San Marcos
- and Madrid Manor – San Marcos.
Single Story Homes in Lake San Marcos CA 55 Plus Communities
Traditional built single level detached homes are located at Hunter Valley Lake San Marcos and Sun Park Lake San Marcos (both 55 and over communities). Chateau at Lake San Marcos has traditional built condos in a retirement community.
We are your resource for North County San Diego communities/ neighborhoods with single story/ ranch homes/ one story homes for sale.
- Bonsall CA One Story Houses, Bonsall Single Story Detached Homes For Sale, Bonsall Homes and Condos on One Level
- Cardiff by the Sea Ranch Style Homes For Sale
- Carlsbad CA One Story Houses, Carlsbad Single Story Detached Homes For Sale, Carlsbad Homes and Condos On One Level
- Carmel Valley Ranch Style Homes For Sale
- Del Mar Ranch Style Homes For Sale
- Encinitas CA One Story Houses / Encinitas Single Story Detached Homes For Sale, Encinitas Homes and Condos On One Level
- Escondido CA One Story Houses, Escondido Single Story Detached Homes For Sale, Escondido Homes and Condos On One Level
- Fallbrook CA One Story Single Family Homes, Fallbrook Single Story Detached Homes For Sale, Fallbrook Homes and Condos on One Level
- Oceanside CA One Story Houses, Oceanside Single Story Detached Homes For Sale, Oceanside Homes and Condos on One Level
- Poway Ranch Style Homes For Sale
- Ramona Ranch Style Homes For Sale
- Rancho Bernardo Ranch Style Homes For Sale
- Rancho Penasquitos Ranch Style Homes For Sale
- Rancho Santa Fe Ranch Style Homes For Sale
- San Marcos CA One Story Houses/ San Marcos Single Story Detached Homes For Sale, San Marcos Homes and Condos On One Level
- Scripps Ranch Ranch Style Homes For Sale
- Solana Beach Ranch Style Homes For Sale
- Sorrento Valley Ranch Style Homes For Sale
- Valley Center Ranch Style Homes For Sale
- Vista CA One Story Houses, Vista Single Story Detached Homes For Sale, Vista Homes and Condos On One Level
- All North County San Diego Single Story Homes For Sale