- North County San Diego Single Story Houses, Condos, and One Story Homes For Sale
- Metro San Diego Single Story Houses, Condos, and One Story Homes For Sale
- East County Single Story Houses, Condos, and One Story Homes For Sale
- South County San Diego Single Story Houses, Condos, and One Story Homes For Sale
- Please Call 760-798-9024 or Please Sign up for San Diego Single Story Property Email Alerts Here
- New Single Story Homes For Sale in San Diego County
- North County San Diego Single Story Homes New and Existing Development
- New 55 Plus Communities in Southern California
We specialize in helping buyers find single story homes in Southern California especially San Diego single story detached homes for sale, San Diego one story homes, and San Diego single story condos. Please call or text 760-798-9024 for more information, send us a message here, or sign up for single story property email alerts here. You may also create your own home search, save, and get email notifications here. Thanks for visiting DreamWellHomes.com
North Coastal San Diego Single Story Homes
North Inland San Diego Single Story Homes
Central Coast San Diego Single Story Homes
La Jolla Mission Beach Ocean Beach Pacific Beach Point Loma Coronado
Central Inland San Diego Single Story Homes
Clairemont Encanto Miramar Sorrento Valley Tierrasanta UTC
South San Diego Ranch / Single Story Homes
Bonita Chula Vista Imperial Beach National City Otay Mesa San Ysidro
East San Diego Single Story Homes
Alpine El Cajon Lakeside La Mesa Jamul Santee Spring Valley
Demand for Single Story Homes in San Diego County Demand for San Diego Single Story is increasing:
An increasing number of San Diego home buyers are now considering the purchase of a single story or ranch homes as their next residence. There is a growing need for single level homes as we are living longer and enjoying continued good health in San Diego. Our adult population are now choosing to “rightsize” into single story homes from their current homes. 55+ adults who anticipate age related mobility issues are planning to sell their 2 story homes to move into single level homes. Adding to the single story demand are families with young children who are also opting for single story homes to ensure their children’s safety from navigating stairs. No matter what your needs are, we have a team in place to help you either sell your home and/ or help you find the single story home that is perfect for your needs in San Diego. Planning for retirement by selling your existing multi-level home and buying a single level home
Another segment of San Diego home buyers who are 5 to 10 years away from retirement age are also planning ahead for their final home purchase. They recognize that as they age they may need some special home features to accommodate their future health needs. Again, single story or single level homes are one of the first “needs” on their list. See below for Single Story Homes for sale around San Diego County.
Single Story Homes in San Diego County for younger buyers
Single story homes are appealing to more than retirement age citizens. Many younger home buyers are looking to purchase a single story homes now, so that they can perhaps enjoy a possible higher resale price, as demand increases in the years ahead when they are ready for their next move. All of these factors are creating an increasingly higher demand for San Diego single story homes for sale.
New Home Builders
New San Diego home builders have yet to begin taking advantage of this increasing demand for single story/ single level homes. For them, it is more cost effective to build two or three story homes as they align mechanical systems like plumbing and electrical lines to bathrooms on adjacent floors. A multi-story home requires less underlying foundation and less roof structure. Also, a multi-story home has a smaller footprint than a single story home, taking up less valuable land on small home lots. By building more multi-story homes, which make better use of the small lot layouts, a builder is able to squeeze in more sellable lots and make more profit. When a new home builder is developing a new community of homes, a very small percentage of the dwellings are offered as single story homes. In fact, some new home builders do not even include a single story model home for prospective buyers to preview.
Shortage of San Diego Single Story/ Single Level Homes We of course do not have a crystal ball, but the future of new single story home inventory does not show much promise of increasing. Since builders are motivated mostly by their bottom line profits and they can fit and sell more multi-story units on their available land, we do not foresee any upcoming changes. This leaves the rest of the San Diego single story home inventory to existing homes and custom built homes. Pros of Single Story and Multi-Story Homes:
- Two story homes take up less square footage on your lot, leaving more area for a garden or swimming pool.
- Two story homes allow upper floor bedroom windows to be more safely left open without as much fear of intruders entering the home.
- Two story homes help to keep the bedroom areas of the home more private as guests are usually restricted to the first floor.
- Single story homes allow the laundry room to be on the same floor as the rest of your living space.
- Single Story homes are more quiet, as sound travels between floors on a two story home.
- Single story homes can be easier to exit in case of emergencies, like fires and earthquakes.
- Single Story homes do not present the danger of having young children fall through open second story windows or screens.
- Single Story homes do not present the danger of having young children fall down stairways.
- Single story homes appeal to a larger group of people when it comes to resale.
- Single story homes are easier to heat/cool to consistent temperatures.
- Single story homes can provide for taller ceilings.
- Single story homes require fewer bathrooms, since all are on the same floor.
Cons of Single Story and Multi-Story Homes:
- Two story homes, by necessity have a staircase which take up valuable floor space and could create a falling hazard for family members or guests.
- Two story homes lead to downstairs water damage when plumbing leaks occur.
- Single story homes use more lot space because of their larger footprint.
Examine Your Options
As with any home purchase, all of the above are personal to you and your needs. Carefully examine all of your options during your home search and commit to paper the things that are important to you. Include on this list items that are non-negotiable and you are sure to reach a clear conclusion. Some buyers find it helpful to speak to their real estate agent about current local trends and values in helping them reach a decision.
Thanks for visiting DreamWell Homes Realty