Table of Contents
Vista CA Multi-Family Homes For Sale (2-4+ Units)
Vista CA Single Family Homes with Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU), Attached or Detached Duest House, Casita, or Vista Houses For Sale with Granny flat.
You might also want to check out other nearby areas in San Diego County featured real estate listings with ADU, homes with casita, granny flat, or houses with attached or detached guest house.
Popular questions regarding Vista real estate with ADU
Am I allowed to have an ADU in Vista?
According to the city of Vista FAQ Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU), “your property must be located in the following zones in order to allow for an ADU (the ADU can be attached, detached, or repurposed) to be built on the lot: R-1-B, R-1, E-1, A-1 and O-R zones. An ADU is also permitted if located within a repurposed existing space on any lot in a zone that allows single-family residences by right.” However, ADUs are not allowed in the Specific Plan No. 24, Shadowridge Specific Plan, and Vista Business Park Specific Plan.
- R-1-B (Single-Family Residential)
- R-1 (Single-Family Residential)
- E-1 (Estates Residential)
- A-1 (Agricultural)
Determine the Zoning for a property in the city of Vista CA. For specific zoning related questions please contact the city of Vista Community Development at 760-639-6100.
Here is where you can find the zoning for your home in Vista, CA
What is the minimum / maximize size for an accessory dwelling unit (ADU)allowed in Vista, CA?
According to the city of Vista FAQ on ADU webpage:
- Attached ADU
Maximum size of 50% of the primary residence or 1,200 square feet, whichever is less.
- Detached ADU
Maximum size of 1,200 square feet, which does not include square footage for a garage or non-habitable accessory structure proposed in conjunction with the ADU.
The city of Vista also has waived fees for ADU construction for some eligible ADU building projects.
Read the Vista, CA Development Code on Accessory Dwelling Units to learn about definitions, zones, requirements for an accessory dwelling units in Vista, size, development standards, height regulation, parking, architectural style, fees, and inspection authority.
The following is the link for more information on Chapter 18.31 of the Vista Development Code
Do I need parking if I convert my garage into an ADU in Vista?
Typically yes. However, according the city of Vista ADU FAQ webpage, you may not be required to add parking for an ADU in Vista if any of the following applies.
- The ADU is located within one-half mile of public transit.
- The ADU is located within one block of a car share vehicle.
- The ADU is located within an architecturally and historically significant historic district.
- The ADU is part of the proposed or existing primary residence or part of an accessory structure. So if the ADU is created through a garage conversion, the ADU will not require a new parking space; however, you will need to replace the off-street parking spaces required for the single-family primary residence, that is two (2) required parking spaces plus two (2) guest parking spaces) on the same lot as the ADU, in any configuration (these can be covered, uncovered, or tandem spaces).
Various California ADU laws also discuss the parking standards for building an ADU.
We are here to help you find homes for sale in San Diego County with an ADU or help find properties that may be suitable for building an ADU.
- North County San Diego homes with casita, accessory dwelling unit (ADU), granny flat, or houses with guest house
- East County San Diego homes with casita, accessory dwelling unit (ADU), casita, granny flat, or houseswith guest house
- South County San Diego homes with casita, accessory dwelling unit (ADU), casita, granny flat, or houses with guest house
- Metro San Diego homes with casita, accessory dwelling unit (ADU), casita, granny flat, houses with guest house
- All San Diego County homes with casita, accessory dwelling unit (ADU), casita, granny flat, or houses with guest house
- Nearby Orange County homes with casita, accessory dwelling unit (ADU), casita, granny flat, or houses with guest house
- Please Be Sure to Sign Up Here to Receive Property Email Alerts or Please Call/text DreamWell Homes Realty at 760-734-8072
Sign up for homes for sale notifications here
For more information on Vista, CA Real Estate, please contact DreamWell Homes Realty at 760-798-9024. Thank you!
Search San Diego County Homes with For Sale with Granny Flats, Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs), Two Homes on 1 Lot, Attached Guest House or Detached Guest House| Sign Up For Property Email Alerts for Homes with a Second Unit, Guest House, Mother- in Law Suite Here. Also check out our blog article on new California Laws pertaining to building new and permitting and legalizing existing second dwelling units, accessory dwelling unit, etc. here.
Be the first to comment