Things to do in Oceanside
Oceanside is now one of the fastest growing San Diego beach town. Top things to do in Oceanside include walking at the pier, fishing, surfing, biking, ocean view dining at Rubio’s Diner right on the pier for some fish and chips (or try some smoked fish tacos at Fish Betty’s). Also check out Oceanside fine dining with awesome pier and water views at 333 Pacific. There are also some newer hotels to stay at with great ocean views within walking distance to the pier, movie theatre, surf museum, farmers markets, local breweries, and awesome restaurants. Oceanside harbor is another great place to visit in Oceanside which is just north of the pier. For more information on Oceanside homes for sale, please visit our Oceanside real estate page.
Need more information? You may send us a message here or simply call 760-798-9024.
What are the top things to do in Oceanside?
Oceanside Places to Visit
- Oceanside Pier – one of the longest piers on the west coast and not to miss when you are visiting Oceanside.
- Oceanside Harbor – Oceanside Harbor offers boating and fishing related services, as well as numerous shopping and dining options.
- Mission San Luis Rey – This historic mission was built in 1798 and is open daily for tours. On Saturday’s at 1:00 PM there is a “behind the scenes” tour available.
- Sunset Farmer’s Market – Open on Thursday evenings from 5:00-9:00 pm, on Tremont Street and Pier View Way. This large Farmer’s Market is a fair-like event in the city.
- California Surf Museum – If you are a surfer, or just love the ocean and history, this is one stop that you must make while in Oceanside.
- Oceanside Museum of Art – This wonderful museum offers an ever-changing rotation of exhibits from a wide variety of media types.
Where to eat in Oceanside?
Check out 333 Pacific for ocean view dining by the pier, try some smoked fish tacos at Fish Betty’s.
There are so many new breweries in Oceanside along Pacific coast highway.
What to drink in Oceanside?
If you have heard of, love Kombucha, or would like to try it if you haven’t heard of this healthy fermented tea, try Kombucha tea on tap in Oceanside – the only kombucha retail brewery we know of in the entire San Diego.